Skip to main content

How to Live a Happy Life.

Life's challenges has made our brain wired to 'survive.' Many believe that happiness is unattainable. No lies, life is full of its ups and downs, and sometimes we can't help but be sad, and that's understandable. But it would be self-destructive to think that it is impossible to live a happy life.

Fasten your seat belts as you're about to learn how to stay happy even in sad moments! 



1. Be Engrossed in the Positive: This doesn't mean lying to yourself about reality. It means breaking down a seemingly challenging situation, identifying the pros and cons, and deciding to make the best of the moment. 

To lead a happy life, you must redirect your thoughts from a negative perspective to a positive one.You can do this by knowing the negatives, but deciding to focus on the positive. Of course you need to look at the negative and figure a way out, but be careful not to become engrossed in the negative.





2. Exercise regularly: Take this from me, exercise is a great way to improve your mood. It's okay to doubt this, but try it out and let me know that you've finally succumbed!


Regular exercise would make your body feel lighter and would serve as a mood booster when you're sad. You don't have to hit the gym or jog on the highway to exercise. A little jogging or dancing in your room would do. I also recommend stretching. Try out uncomplicated yoga poses. And please, don't be too hard on your body when you first start, I wouldn't be responsible if you feel immense body pain.


3. Wear Your Best Clothes: This is a massive secret that'll help you stay very happy. You don't have to go out to dress nice. Now get out of bed, have a nice shower, then put on an outfit you like. Make sure it's an outfit you feel comfortable and confident in.


Extra tip: a nice smell would improve your mood. So apply some perfume and spray your house with some air freshener.


4. Get Out of Bed: If you're certain happiness is something you seek, then you have to get out of bed to live a happy life. Make it a commitment to get out of bed every morning. And ensure you do daily tasks. It could be reading a book, taking a course, learning to paint..just do something. And stay committed to whatever you decide to do.





5. Do What You Love: Staying committed to your daily tasks would be easier if you pick something you love. I've written for years because it's something I love. I've tried out a few things like sewing and knitting, to mention a few. Man, I'm not doing any of those anymore.


But let this be clear, your commitment must not be only to things you enjoy doing. Getting out of bed might be something you hate, or find difficult, but you still have to do it everyday to live a happy life.


6. Keep Your Surroundings Clean: I cannot overemphasize this. But keeping your surroundings clean is a great and effective way to live a happy life. Change that bedsheet, throw out the trash, sweep that floor, and hey, the bathroom needs cleaning.


Keeping your surroundings clean is a huge form of self care that you must take seriously if living a happy life is your desire. I suggest that you make cleaning your house an everyday routine. Clean your house after you get out of bed, and come back later to tell me how your mood has improved!



7. Eat regularly: Ta-da! Did you expect this one? Let me know in the comments. Yeah, I should explain how this affects your life. Eating regularly keeps your body in good condition. It is a way to improve your mood, and prevent sicknesses. I must add, it helps you think better, as you will be supplying your brain nutrients. I recommend eating hot food at least  twice a day to live the happy life you've always dreamed of. 



Trust me on this, all of these are things that has helped me stay sane through my difficult moments. Come back to tell me later how helpful this was. And let me know in the comments which tip you'd try out first.


You'd make my day if you leave a comment and share this with your friends, so please do.


Comments

  1. My best part is that which concerns food and exercising. Great content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Eating and exercising regularly is a huge was to improve your health and stay happy.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. I know, right! Eating and exercising regularly is a huge was to improve your health and stay happy.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Friendship Is

"It's just me, myself and I". This was my status on one of my social media accounts some years back. This saying also played a great role in my life. I was a lone wolf. I didn't have friends and I didn't want friends. I thought I was complete all by myself. I thought I didn't need the company of others. I didn't understand the importance and sweetness of friendship until I got a taste of it. Friendship I realised was the basis of any good relationship. We're course mates and we have a group work together? I realised that it was easier to work on group projects with friends. And that working on group projects became easier and more fun, when my course mates became my friends. Friendship I've realised goes beyond words. Friendship is love. Friendship is patience. Friendship is arguments, it is small fights and it is forgiveness. Friendship is company. Friendship is food when there's famine. Friendship is hope in moments of despair. Friendshi

How Inspiration Comes

It comes in form of a rush. I mean my inspiration. Just a moment ago, it wasn't here and now its here. One thing I'm sure of - if I don't put this down right now, it'll be gone and I wouldn't have it back. If by chance I get it back, it wouldn't be the way it came now. Inspiration's weird right? But what can we do? Have I mentioned already that its inspiration to write that I refer to in this post? I like to sleep with a pen and paper on my bed, because right when I close my eyes to sleep, that's when the words come to me. Now I have two options. I either close my eyes and dream, or I pick up my pen and paper to pour down ink. The end result of the first is a good sleep. While the end result of the second, is what you now read. Well then, this doesn't mean that when I drop my pen, I wouldn't sleep. I still will. But inspiration comes from several other things. Inspiration could come from how the clock ticks. It could come from how your

Amazing Facts About Classroom Teachers

Guide, conduct, pass on knowledge, educate, instruct - these are words you'll find associated with teachers. Who is a teacher?         A teacher isn't necessarily the one in a classroom, with a cane in his hand telling you to solve problems in maths, with you going like.. "Sir, how does this equation help my life???".      A teacher is one that educates you. Guides you and gives you instructions that helps grow your knowledge in a particular field. While a teacher could be a friend, a parent, a relative or a random person on the street - all that's needed for a person to qualify as a teacher is that he passes on knowledge. Our focus today, is the classroom teacher. Classroom teachers are as beautiful as every other teacher . Maybe even more beautiful. Classroom teachers are professional personnel who work with students as a whole. Whether in a classroom, in small groups or one-on-one meeting inside or outside a regular classroom. AMAZING FACTS ABOUT CL