Skip to main content

How Clothes Can Help You Live Happily.

 Hey yo! If you're wondering how clothes can actually make you happy, then I can only say I'm glad. 


Perhaps you noticed that I was silent here for a while. We could call it a long while. My silence was due to my illness. I was very sick. So much that death might not have been a surprise. And one time, I was in a lot of pain and the thought of death crept into my mind again. It was in this moment that I realised the power of clothes! 

Just before I fell ill, I had new clothes made for me. As I was loosing hope and giving up on life, I heard myself think: 'what happens to my clothes if I die?' 

Funny as this might sound, my new clothes became a reason to live. You're probably surprised right now, but I tell you, you read right. I wanted to live, so that I could rock my clothes! 

Clothes somehow pulled me from misery. As soon as I started to get better, and could get out of bed, I started to wear clothes I kept for special occasions. 

There's more. I got very depressed. And one time, I decided that I want to live happily. I was tired of the weight of depression. The tips I tried here (https://zaynerbi.blogspot.com/2021/08/how-to-live-happy-life.html), were effective, but I payed attention to my clothes. I made effort to always dress nice. 

No I didn't wear uncomfortable clothes, but I made sure to wear my best clothes, and here's what happened: 

 1. I felt Beautiful: I looked in the mirror and appreciated my look thanks to my clothes. It improved my self confidence. And the more I smiled at my look, the more I felt despair slowly leave. 

2. My mood improved: I became happier and more energetic. I talked more, and laughed more. And of course, I wanted to go out more(since I looked good, lol). I made more friends cause I was a lot more approachable. 

3.  My family Could Finally Breathe: I caused them to worry a lot. I could see that they were scared for me, and worried a lot about me. Seeing me dress up, smile and talk, finally gave them space to breathe, and I got happier because I was surrounded by positive energy. 

I wasn't unaware of the fact that the energy around me became positive because the energy within me was positive. And it came largely from my decision to wear my best clothes. 

So, if this moment is tough for you, I recommend that you get out of bed, have a nice bathe, and put on your best comfortable clothes. 

Extra tip: A nice smell does magic too. 

Tell me your thoughts in the comments. Have a great one!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Friendship Is

"It's just me, myself and I". This was my status on one of my social media accounts some years back. This saying also played a great role in my life. I was a lone wolf. I didn't have friends and I didn't want friends. I thought I was complete all by myself. I thought I didn't need the company of others. I didn't understand the importance and sweetness of friendship until I got a taste of it. Friendship I realised was the basis of any good relationship. We're course mates and we have a group work together? I realised that it was easier to work on group projects with friends. And that working on group projects became easier and more fun, when my course mates became my friends. Friendship I've realised goes beyond words. Friendship is love. Friendship is patience. Friendship is arguments, it is small fights and it is forgiveness. Friendship is company. Friendship is food when there's famine. Friendship is hope in moments of despair. Friendshi

How Inspiration Comes

It comes in form of a rush. I mean my inspiration. Just a moment ago, it wasn't here and now its here. One thing I'm sure of - if I don't put this down right now, it'll be gone and I wouldn't have it back. If by chance I get it back, it wouldn't be the way it came now. Inspiration's weird right? But what can we do? Have I mentioned already that its inspiration to write that I refer to in this post? I like to sleep with a pen and paper on my bed, because right when I close my eyes to sleep, that's when the words come to me. Now I have two options. I either close my eyes and dream, or I pick up my pen and paper to pour down ink. The end result of the first is a good sleep. While the end result of the second, is what you now read. Well then, this doesn't mean that when I drop my pen, I wouldn't sleep. I still will. But inspiration comes from several other things. Inspiration could come from how the clock ticks. It could come from how your

Amazing Facts About Classroom Teachers

Guide, conduct, pass on knowledge, educate, instruct - these are words you'll find associated with teachers. Who is a teacher?         A teacher isn't necessarily the one in a classroom, with a cane in his hand telling you to solve problems in maths, with you going like.. "Sir, how does this equation help my life???".      A teacher is one that educates you. Guides you and gives you instructions that helps grow your knowledge in a particular field. While a teacher could be a friend, a parent, a relative or a random person on the street - all that's needed for a person to qualify as a teacher is that he passes on knowledge. Our focus today, is the classroom teacher. Classroom teachers are as beautiful as every other teacher . Maybe even more beautiful. Classroom teachers are professional personnel who work with students as a whole. Whether in a classroom, in small groups or one-on-one meeting inside or outside a regular classroom. AMAZING FACTS ABOUT CL